Amended Maggie, Albertson, Harlan South and Tama North.
added Wolfe West, Kline SW, Kline SE, Kline East, Kline West, Peck Hill Farm and Arnold units
Everything is alphabetical now units first, then sites.

Views: 1459

Replies to This Discussion

dude...as always, you are awesome.

i'm sure that you know the ways that you have helped landowners understand their situation better.

your work, and selfless sacrifice is greatly appreciated by many.

thank you,

wj

"i'm sure that you know the ways that you have helped landowners understand their situation better."

I'll certainly second that.  Your mapping is a perfect tool to utilize alongside Landex, and it blows my mind that you tirelessly work on this by yourself with no compensation!!!!!!!

It has been extremely helpful, so THANK YOU!

no compensation...hmmm

what say a bunch of us kick in some cash and give it to wayne so's he can buy more documents?

and...we oughta buy him and his wife dinner for all the ones he's missed locked away in his basement plotting coordinates.

wj

Actually guys, it's not nearly as bad as it might seem. I use Landex to find instrument #s then to Landex Remote to print the map. With practice I'm able to print a map for about 7 cents connect time plus ink and paper.

The greatest help I had was when some kind soul out there saw the value of what I was trying to do and sent me the tax parcel overlays for Bradford Co, This happens to be the map that all the companies use to produce the maps, so all I have to do is follow the lines. We should forever indebted to him.

Also CHK tells me that it's better than anything they have internally.

and chk isn't the only company that uses 'em too.

you oughta get a job there. seriously. now that aubrey's gone they have an opening.

wj

Yeah, and maybe I could get his 2%!

Since you REALLY know what you are doing, obviously, maybe you can explain something.  You mapped "Rainbow North" unit (pad already completed, drilled and I think fractured late last year) and you also have the location plotted for "Freed" site (rig on it for @ 2 weeks or so now).  However, CHK already has submitted within the past few months a unit filing for Freed unit, and it is **identical** to Rainbow North.  What does this mean?  In other words, they are using the same unit map, properties etc. for both units as filed at the courthouse.  My guess is that they are not sure how the properties will be split as yet into two different units, so they essentially just threw a blanket over everything to cover both and will file amended declarations later.  Meanwhile, what is currently in place are two unit declarations overlying each other point for point.  Does this make sense?  I don't even see how it can be legal, but what do I know!

I think you are correct. They probably created those units just to HBP leases that were in danger of expiring.

The Freed site is on the border between the Rainbow North and Schlapfer units. They are each over 900 acres. The Freed unit might take part of each (300 acres?) That would create 3 units of ~600 each.

Every lease I've seen allows for them to change units any time, as many times and however they wish.

" Every lease I've seen allows for them to change units any time, as many times and however they wish."

ok, i may be a little argumentative here. (but what the heck you know me wayne)

the friendsville lease (for one), has a provision whereby the lessor has the right to review and approve (or disapprove) any changes in units. (approval not to be unreasonably witheld).

currently, there has been no case that i am aware of that a lessee has given a lessor such opportunity. but that right under the lease should not be taken lightly by those holding such leases. the right is there for the prupose of mitigating the effects of events like the one you describe.

i think it is because the friendsville lease evolved out of a group scenario, without extensive individual participation, that many who hold that lease fail to grasp the enormity of its' impacts on their future in the gas business.

wj

Interesting that Peck Hill is unitized. wells are drilled go forward we suppose. Herrick is extra good but on N from there the intreval gets shallower shallower. Thta =s less pressure and far less gas in place.

IE FAUSTO BRA 5H  Litchfield Twp did ~300,000 mcf 214 days in 2012.Friendsville Lease, taking deductions. Rough time of it there. 1 maybe closeto the no drill funnell south out of Athens 2. lack of depth.

For landowners whom will own their land forever no matter what, matters not. Others who have it as an investment or would sell someone time in side of 15 yrs, those aware sold out early. Actual involved geo types explained in 09,10 the theme of pressure. Visitors to a gas forum where told "there are lieing", everybody has gas! Talisman won friendsville but really over paid for its quality. Hats off to the landowners. 2 A in SE brad or  NE Sillivan. may have teeh gas of 50 in Warren Twp.

Fausto has other permits in but, personal guess only, they will not be drilled.

Lots of good news out there  but some,  not.

A question becomes, in more marginal areas, can superior exploration/drilling make it work?

a well to study is Belden Blake's Twigg 2, inactive now  or Quaker State's Twigg 1, abandoned.

both in Litchfield I believe,  drilled circa 1992 we think. depth, thickness of the lwr Marcellus.

"reasonable" has legal meaning, pedestrian meaning does not count.  another feel good provision.

gascos need agility to adjust units. the evil under every cutting types seek psycho feedback

vs expectations of efficient resource extraction

Reply by melissa humphrey

"Friendsville Lease, taking deductions."

unfortunately, some folks with friendsville leases, (on the advice of anonymous internet posters) signed modifications to those leases presented to them by gascos.

some signed modifications to their royalty terms, in addition to other more benign aspects of that lease. (unfortunately they werent paying attention)

the original lease does not allow enumerated deductions from the gross reported value of the property, although a few companies mistakenly took them in the beginning.

in all cases that i am aware of those mistaken deductions were corrected and refunded immediately upon notification to the company of their mistake.

wj

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service