Hello all, I have heard horizontal drilling can extend to a radius of 600 acres, don't the mineral rights owners within the 600 acres need to give permission and get paid ? or is it only up to the owner of the drilling site who has mineral rights  Thank you.

Views: 366

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Julie,

For efficiency and profitability, most production units are 640 acres, but not always.

Yes, all mineral rights owners within the production unit, should be paid for their gas. Be aware, however, many land owners in WV do not own their mineral rights - often they were severed from the surface, generations ago.

Your deed should tell you if you own your mineral/gas rights - or surface only.

Sincerely, Kit

Thank you for the info, our landman told us we would get royalties on all 600 acres - (another) falsehood, it sure didn't sound right. We just received a letter from the mineral rights owners of the parcel adjoining ours and they had even less information than we did. Thank goodness for sites such as this one to inform the public. Thank you again for your time.

You will get royalties from every well in the production unit - based on the amount of acres you have in the production unit, and your royalty percentage is also shown on your lease.


Local Groups

Blog Posts

Can hardly wait for the 9:00 TV programming tonight

Posted by william Allen. Ladd on October 9, 2016 at 10:24am 0 Comments

I am going to have my fire extinguisher and shovel beside of my chair.

All news reporters are agreeing that fire and crap will be tossed back and forth tonight. A few reporters were at a loss for words to describe…



June 2017

© 2017   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service