Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 92089

Replies to This Discussion

Ha ha...Rick I read your reply too fast and thought you said that the tanks were gone...

Oh well -- 

Happy Holiday Rick and thank you for helping me out. anyway!!

These production figures look pretty good for Marcellus wells in that part of the county. Better than the older wells when they started out, I believe. One key question is how low was Shell able to get their costs by drilling and completing 8 wells on a pad at the same time. No amount of production is enough if the operator isn't making money! But I'm certainly more optimistic than I was given these initial results.

Big news for the county.  Eclipse has acquired Travis Peak's PA holdings and associated Cardinal Midstream pipeline assets.  With a number of pad permits active and an active well permit which expires next year, the area should see an immediate uptick in activity.  See the link below

http://ir.eclipseresources.com/press-release/eclipse-resources-corp...

Thanks for the Info!

http://ir.eclipseresources.com/sites/eclipseresources.investorhq.bu... 

Lots of good information (some self-promotional, of course) in this Eclipse presentation.

Thanks Jack,

I was just looking at EQT (Duncan Township) 

EQT Drills Longest Marcellus Well Ever, Reveals 2018 Plans

EQT, the country’s largest natural gas producer after buying out Rice Energy, announced yesterday their plans for 2018. The company will spend a massive $2.4 billion on exploration & production (drilling)–all of it in the Marcellus/Utica region. EQT is spending 60% more money spent on drilling in 2018 than they did in 2017. What will $2.4 billion buy you? In the Marcellus, EQT will drill 139 wells (111 in PA and 28 in WV). In the OH Utica, EQT will drill 38 wells. And in the Upper Devonian (in PA), EQT will drill 19 wells. EQT plans to bring online 160-170 wells in the Marcellus, 40-50 wells in the Utica, and 20-25 in the Upper Devonian. However, all of the reporting we’ve seen on yesterday’s announcement from EQT fails to highlight what we consider to be some of the biggest news of the day: EQT has become the reigning champ for drilling the longest Marcellus Shale well.The previous reigning champ was Range Resources, drilling a Marcellus well 15,000 feet long (see Range Resources Drills Longest Marcellus Well Ever – in Washington Co.). EQT has sailed far beyond the Range well by drilling a well 17,400 feet long in Washington County, PA (as was Range’s monster Marcellus well.) The EQT well, called Haywood H18, was brought online earlier this week. EQT plans to drill 27 more monster Marcellus wells with laterals longer than 17,000 in 2018! Congrats to the biggest producer in the U.S., who now has the biggest Marcellus well ever drilled!…

Here are the particulars, excerpted from the full update below, about EQT’s record-breaking Marcellus well:

HAYWOOD H18 WELL

Earlier this week, the company turned in line the longest lateral completed to date by any operator in the Marcellus. The Haywood H18 well in Washington County, PA has a completed lateral length of 17,400 feet and will develop 42 Bcfe of reserves. Laterals of this length are projected to have development costs of $0.36 / Mcfe and will generate an IRR greater than 70% at $3.00 NYMEX. The company plans to drill 27 Marcellus wells at 17,000 feet or longer in 2018.

http://ir.eqt.com/sites/eqt.investorhq.businesswire.com/files/doc_l...

Plan to Frack Shale Well in New York State Using LPG Still Alive

Whatever happened to the idea of fracking a shale well in Tioga County, NY using liquefied petroleum gas (LPG, or propane)? We sometimes get asked that question. In July 2015 a group of landowners flying under the name of The Snyder Farm Group (five families make up the group) contracted with Tioga Energy Partners (based in Texas) to drill a fracked Utica Shale well, and follow it up with drilling a fracked Marcellus Shale well, using LPG and sand (see NY Landowners File to Frack Horizontal Well w/Waterless Tech and NY Heroes: More Details on NY Propane Fracking Proposal). The wells would not use water for fracking–and therefore, according to the landowners, avoid New York’s ban on high volume fracking imposed by NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo. NY’s corrupt Dept. of Environmental Conservation (DEC) does not disagree with the Tioga landowners. It certainly *may* be possible to use LPG fracking and avoid the prohibition on water-based fracking. Yet the DEC continues its standard operating procedure of delay by declaring they don’t have enough information (we’ve seen this movie before). The last time we reported anything about the Tioga project was May 2016, when the DEC began its latest round of death-by-delay tactics (see NY DEC Calls Propane Fracking “Unique Technology”; Wants More Info). So where does the Tioga project stand now? Same. The DEC says they still don’t have all the answers they want about LPG fracking, leaving the project in limbo. But that’s better than declaring it dead–maybe. The good news is that after 2 1/2 years, the Tioga project is still alive because the farming families involved are still pushing for it have not given up. Neither should we…

A once highly-touted plan to frack a gas well in Tioga County using propane rather than water remains a non-starter after two and a half years, although supporters have not given up.

A group of landowners, Tioga Energy Partners, have been pursuing a permit since July 2015 to develop shale gas wells on their properties in the Town of Barton. The state’s ban on high volume hydraulic fracking does not apply to propane fracks, according to the group.

The state Department of Environmental Conservation has not disagreed with that premise, although the agency’s demand for more information has effectively stalled the project.

Just south of the intersection of Halsey Valley and South Hill roads, the Snyder well would use a liquid propane system instead of a water-based chemical solution to generate hydraulic pressure to fracture the shale and release gas. Both systems use sand as a “proppant” to hold open minute fissures in the bedrock.

Due to explosion risks, propane fracks — also known as “gas fracks” — typically use robotics to keep workers out of the “hot zone” during operations. The technology is still developing and has not been widely used, especially in places where water is available.

Linda Collart, DEC’s regional mineral resources supervisor, stated the agency needs more details to determine “if this relatively unique fracturing technology that has not heretofore been subject to a full environmental analysis has the potential to cause significant adverse environmental impacts.”

In a Notice of Incomplete Application on April 15, 2016, Collart requested information on safety and emergency protocols, truck traffic, storage, equipment specifications, waste controls, emissions and many other aspects of the project.

The group has yet to satisfy the requirements, said Kevin Frisbie, president of the Tioga County Farm Bureau and one of the landowners. Even if the permit is completed to the state’s satisfaction, the project may require an independent environmental review.

“It’s time consuming and very technical,” Frisbie said about the permit process. “In a perfect world, there’s no reason it couldn’t happen. But it’s so political and there are so many players involved, there’s no telling.”

Frisbie’s idea of a perfect world is vastly different than those who oppose shale gas development due to environmental and public health concerns.

In their view, using propane is even more reckless than using water to frack wells because it adds the risk of fire and explosion to other health and environmental issues at the root of New York’s fracking ban. These range from risks to drinking water supplies to ongoing emissions from gas production.

“We are against fossil fuel development for many reasons,” said Walter Hang, an activist from Ithaca who participated in the landmark fight for New York’s fracking ban. Hang agrees that the propane frack would likely fall outside the ban, which was enacted three years ago on December 17.

“The governor’s so-called fracking ban turns out to be incredibly limited,” Hang said. “It needs a clearer definition of fracking.”

When the Barton project was announced in the summer of 2016, drilling proponents were keen on proving the viability of the Utica and Marcellus shales in New York. Since then, a prolonged gas glut in Pennsylvania has suppressed prices and made the viability of any new drilling questionable.

Economics aside, however, the Tioga proposal could present a legal and regulatory test for alternative methods to tap the Marcellus and Utica shales that become relevant in the future.

Adam Schultz, attorney for the Tioga landowners, said the application review has taken “a long time, but [is] not necessarily out of the ordinary.”*

*Binghamton (NY) Press & Sun-Bulletin (Dec 18, 2017) – Plans to frack by liquid gas, not water, still alive in NY in Tioga...

Shell is busy drilling in Chatham and Middlebury townships.

Where? What pads please

Neals as we speak not sure who is next . There is several pads ready for them.

Rumor has it that the rig will be moving to the Houck 433 in Delmar township after the Neals.  Additional permits have been pulled for the Cruttenden in Middlebury as well.

This at a new GMS Thread

I think they Drill Cruttenden after Houck

Shell Activity

Now that the old format is back, please start using new discussions so they are available by topic. Hard to sort through the 1200+ replies to one discussion. I did stop in to speak with Shell yesterday at their Shell Appalachia offices in Wellsboro. Shell is drilling 4 Utica wells on Neal right now and will be there until February. They plan to move to Houck near the Grand Canyon airport and then maybe Showalter or Watkins in Chatham Township. They said they will stop drilling at the end of June because they will have used all their development budget by then. They will then resume drilling the first of 2019. All drilling will be on existing pads. Of course everything changes daily in this business.

RSS

Local Groups

Blog Posts

The Fight is Not Over: Constitution Pipeline Appeals to U.S. Supreme Court

Posted by Thomas J Shepstone on January 18, 2018 at 2:45pm 0 Comments

Refusing to give up, the Constitution Pipeline filed an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the corrupt NY DEC ruling against the project and uphold the law.

“The reports of my death have been greatly…

Continue

Events

January 2018
SMTWTFS

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service