As GMS has grown, we have had to develop a fair and efficient way of moderating the site. I, and I know you, desire for GMS to remain a site where we can post without the need to put up with indecent or rude behavior. We have simply reached a membership size (14,000+) where this is needed.
Here are the components of the measure we are taking to keep GMS a pleasure to visit.
- Membership Advisory Council. This council is made up of 10, or so, individuals who enjoy GMS, have found the site useful, and want to see it remain a success. I will lean on them to help report issues, moderate and make decisions on what consists of a violation. Additionally, they will assist in perfecting the user agreement.
- Warning Wall (view here). This will be filed under the "Members" tab. The Wall will be a public location where I will list those who have violated GMS user guidelines.
- After the first violation, the member will be warned and listed on the wall
- After the second violation, (if it occurs within 6 months from the first), that member will be permanently banned.
- You. GMS still remains a peer monitored site. This is your community so please report anything that you believe to violate site guidelines. Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.