All Discussions Tagged 'methane' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Catastrophic Ohio Methane Leak Stayed Hidden Until a Satellite Found It

Recent news story: "A blowout in Ohio made little news in 2018, but satellite images show it was a major global event. A little-noticed 201…

Started by Paul Heckbert

7 Jan 11, 2020
Reply by Brett

Methane leaks from British Columbia wells worse than thought

In British Columbia (BC) and Alberta, large quantities of methane are leaking out of the well bore, through flaws in the casing and cement,…

Started by Paul Heckbert

9 Dec 9, 2017

Natural gas emissions will blow Europe's carbon budget at current levels

"Governments have been underestimating methane emissions from gas and must phase out the fossil fuel, along with coal and oil, by 2035 to k…

Started by Paul Heckbert

7 Nov 13, 2017
Reply by Bullfrex

Regulating methane, which is leaking faster than thought

Methane has been in the news this week: 1. Methane Leaks in Natural-Gas Supply Chain Far Exceed Estimates, Study Says “A little-noted port…

Started by Paul Heckbert

58 Jul 3, 2017
Reply by Paul Heckbert

dangers of abandoned gas wells

"In 2007, Rick Kinder was working for a contractor, building a house in southern Colorado. The workers had just finished putting in all the…

Started by Paul Heckbert

0 Jun 3, 2016

better detection of methane leaks

Excerpt of news article: "The detector, built by Picarro, a manufacturer of scientific instruments that has recently moved into the field…

Started by Paul Heckbert

2 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Steven A Joliat

MUST READ: Examining the Facts in Portage Co. Methane Case

Energy In Depth's Dan examines the facts surrounding the recent methane case in Portage County, Ohio: "This week, a local NBC affiliate out…

Started by Anne Carto

4 Jan 11, 2013

Private Well Owners in Pennsylvania - Please Read ! This will benefit you and it is free.

For the past 20+ years, I have been conducting water quality analysis, baseline testing, and conducting education programs for the citizens…

Started by Brian Oram, PG

0 Jul 5, 2012

My drinking water catches fire - now what?

My drinking water catches fire - now what?   Comments welcome.

Started by Tom Copley

0 Apr 4, 2012

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service