January 3 2015 - Wind Turbine Collapses in Northern Ireland

I didn't see this make the news anywhere in the US, or maybe I missed it.

We can't have bad news about wind power generation floating around in the media can we? If a similar situation presented itself during drilling or fracking we all know it would be covered and smothered on every "news" channel.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-30667411

At least no one got hurt.

Views: 2929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are over 18,000 abandoned windmills in the US, abandoned as soon as the tax right offs expire.

http://www.windtaskforce.org/page/abandoned-eyesores

Right on, Jim!  Windmills are a curse, imposed by liberal jackasses, with which we'll be living for years into the future.  Windmills are anathema.  They are an abomination.

Orphan and abandoned wells in PA (official)

Abandoned wells in PA (unofficial)

"Some of the millions of abandoned oil and natural gas wells in the United States are still spewing methane ...

Abandoned wells in US (Reuter's)

"... a recent study from Stanford University concluded there were roughly 3 million abandoned wells in the United States"

Abandoned wells in US (Stanford University)

Slipped one in on AGW, didn't I?

Oh my god. Anything but methane! Hurry everyone, clinch your butt cheeks.

Didn't take long for someone to try to steer the discussion away from the facts, did it?

No your facts are fine, it's that I just don't care.

Just bored, huh?

The day I accept facts from Reuters is the day I let the CBO balance my checkbook.

@ Ragnar Repo:

Yeah, and ditto for Stanford, right? ...and the PDEP?

They're all hacks, but hey, you don't care anyway, right?

You don't have to mine to hard to come up with the truth about wind mills.

No, not if you accept the first search result as a credible source.

Dan,

Actually I was surfing archeological sites when I came upon the article about this windmill. It pays to not make assumptions in life Dan, which hopefully some day you will understand as you become older.

I just thought that some balance in the "news" reporting here on GMS was needed.

I blew nothing out of proportion on this article like the anti's do here, just the facts. So why do you embellish your statements with rhetoric?

Windmills have their place (not many) but fossil fuels are the prime time go to in energy production.

Where the source of our energy comes from in the future can not be dictated be edict as many believe.

Oh btw, calling this windmill failure insignificant in the US is preposterous at best.

I also recognize that the O+G industry isn't an angel either.

I give all comers a fair shake, how about you?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service