I'm closing in on 2 years of receiving royalties and my latest check is the smallest yet. We were told these wells would produce for 20+ years, it sure doesn't seem that way now.

Views: 4319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My royalty peaked at over $1300 per acre and dropped to around $300 per acre now (as of last month). I'm waiting on my latest check from CNX and if it dropped like the one from Noble, then we're looking at around $185 per acre.

I've already been told that Utica wells are probably going to be drilled, so that's good news. I think the operators are seeing that Marcellus wasn't as great as they thought and the "big gas" is the Utica.

How much has production fell off versus prices falling ?

I was looking back at my records of the royalties that were paid. There was a big drop 4 months into receiving royalties.

Maybe I missed it but have you said how much of the drop is due to lower production, rather than a drop in price?

Hi Zack, I am a landowner in PA and was just wondering if you would shed some light on things like your production per well, royalty % etc.  Even $185 an acre is a lot right now.  I am getting only $23.00 an acre and that is with no deductions being taken at all on a 15% royalty on a well that is producing about 136,000 mcf right now.  My last ck paid me a paltry $1.42 per MCF.

So even if I could get $4.00 gas I would be nowhere near your figures.  Mine is all dry gas also.  If I assume gas at that price and then toss in a crazy 30% royalty I am still at about 130 an acre.

Thanks, I don't mean to pry but I am curious at least what kind of prices you are being paid for your gas.

Also, I hadn't see your other post Zach.  If you have 11 wells producing on that one unit then I do see how your royalties per acre made it up that high.  I was going off of one well.  Thanks!

I was told to expect about a 5% per month decline, which would put the vast majority of the income within the first 5 years or less.

That said, this third check - the first one was a multi-month check and the second was a single month - this third check is way less than the second check, more like a 15% or more monthly decline.  I haven't examined the figures yet to see why, but that was very disappointing.

The DYE well in Columbiana County started at $200 per acre. The Royalty Checks have decreased on average 20% per Month over the past 12 months. And , even worse, Chesapeake is no longer paying the Landowner any royalties on NGL's. In fact, for the last 3 months, the Landowner has PAID Chesapeake either $0.05, $0.08 or $0.10 per gallon while Chesapeake "steals" all of their NGL's.

Yes, your read that correctly ...

On an ALOV GROSS LEASE, Chesapeake has gone from paying the Landowner a Royalty on their NGL's, to CHARGING the Landowner to take their NGL's !

my last royalty was so low $27 per acre 

at this rate my next royalty will be a bill !!!!

Any chance it will go up again?

I get royalty checks from two operators. One sold their gas (my latest check) for $1.29 per MMCF......no wonder the checks are getting smaller.

My check 2 months ago was a fraction of the others but the month after that the amount was back up to other amounts. At times they must limit the amount coming from the well for various reasons.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service