beginning negotiations on pipeline. can some of u who have already been through this give some insight as to what you got?

Views: 7668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey evan
you will find it very informative also don't forget ERIC CAMPS download that practically became my bible through this process and if you're going to use an esquire good information as to there knowledge base   IMHO  mark

Ok thanks Mark

I remember reading on here last year about a landowner who conducted all pipeline negotiations via email. He also made out his own contract. Very good pointers. Remember too, get it all in writing and make sure you get a copy. Many times the landman will write down your demands, but they keep the copy and it's never seen again. Beat them at their game!

mornin zack
we only had three face to face meetings and a mountain of e-mails and I do mean a mountain .Made copies of all of it knowledge is power and, they do hate when you bring up references from there own e-mail plus it allows you to compose your thoughts seemed to be more time efficient for us also forgot all about that very good point zack

Mark, w/o violating any confidentiality clause, what is your "opinion" of a bracket that an above ground temporary 12" fresh water line should bring in terms of dollars per foot (or rods). I have spent a considerable amount of time researching for info. but there is so little available on temporary pipelines that I'm just trying to gather as many opinions as possible. Any thoughts would help. I'm told that water lines don't bring a lot of money but I don't know if that means 5.00 ft or 12.00 foot or 25.00 dollars a foot. It sounds like you did a lot of research and I am hoping to benefit from your opinion. Thanks either way for your time. Bob A. w. pa area.

I want everyone who is going to have pipeline going through their land to "raise the bar" on what you receive on price per foot. I think the bare minimum should be $100 per foot. That applies to any pipeline regardless of the size. Do I hear $150 per foot??? Go for it all!!!

Zack,

If you truly wish to raise the bar then make the price per foot a yearly payment.

Make the agreement more like a lease.

Admittedly you make have to take less per foot ($20.00) but you would be paid that every year the agreement is in place (no deductions).

That's what I'm going for. I'm going to get paid the initial $ per foot them a yearly payment of whatever I decide on. Or they can go around , which will be hard for them. At least a $ 100 per foot
Evan, hope you get it
Thats what some people in Canfield , OH get. They get 300-400 per month for 2" gas lines going across thier property's . Pay me now an pay me later!! That's what these O&G have been doing to Americans for yrs. now it's our turn!!!!

In Ohio and PA plan on approx $1.2 to 1.4 million per mile for new greenfield pipeline projects.

The old rule of thumb was $1 per foot per inch, so if you had an 8" pipeline crossing 1000 feet of your land you got $8,000.  I know from negotiating a pipeline for a client that you can do much better than that.  Don't settle for less than $2/foot/inch.  You should be able to go up from there.  It'll take time.  Find out whether they have other routes, and whether your neighbors have signed.  Team up if you can.  Do some research online.  There are literally dozens of issues to consider.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service