1. State
2. County
2. Lease Bonus Offer
3. Royalty %
4. Terms (length of the lease)

Views: 14276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree,this information is totally relevant and important for any landowner looking to educate themselves!
To elaborate on the relevancy of this latest purchase, tho O&G"s continue to offer each other in the 8K-14.3K range...while the individual landowner's[including myself] continue to see offers in the 1K-2.5K range.The value of our acreage is only going to increase as the infrastructure is developed,the Utica shale play is developed and as we Americans find more and more ways to use this valuable commodity.I keep on advising fellow landowners that this is the beginning of happy hour...the party will not start for a while. I would advise everyone to observe how the other large offerings perform in the first quarter of 2011.
I hope you are correct...And I believe you are.....The gas is down there...it will just take some time for demand/infrastructure to come up to speed to drive the development of the resource.  In the meantime, if you are like me and don't have a lease offer, have some land already leased (HBP)....relax....it is coming....it will just take some time....I'll wait the 3-5 years if it takes that long.

The majority of the infrastructure will be complete by early 2013...so in 24 months...the companies will have the capabilities to move vast amounts of gas to major metropolitan areas...this will make the the Utica shale extremely attractive as the cost for leasesholds and will have already been incurred and infrastructure in place.I hope our government encourages the numerous ways we as Americans can utilize this incredibly valuable commodity...the supply vs. demand principle will apply to this industry as well!There are many variables that will affect how big this thing gets...but the bottom line is the snowball is making its way down the hill and there is no stopping it!

Hope it rolls by my place soon and brings an awesome offer?? lol
Amen Joe and Kelly...I hope everyone is blessed...Happy Holidays!
Think of this O&G experience as you would a rollercoaster ride...if your only focused on the end result...you will not enjoy the ups and downs and twists and turns...as in life... enjoy the journey...the end is overated!
Thanks Daniel......same to you:) Merry Christmas!!!

Excellent advise Paul.......in the meantime, many thousands of landowners are possibly  making uneducated negoitations, while we also must understand everyone's financial need, age and assoicated concerns will vary and influence the decision making process. Both the near future and long term look promising.

Merry  Christmas, RL

we all can see that any leases that were started prior to 2009 surely are a profitable gain for the oil/gas companies if they are selling/assigning their leases of our properties at the rates that Joe pointed at.....thanks Joe for posting that info...as some reading about the marcellus shale sales surely can use that knowledge!  

hmm....9200per acre minus about 2500per acre...not bad for about a two year hold for some of the leases are only two to three years in the making...they might not even have drilled a well yet either!  

....and what about those leases at 500per acre??  A fairly good sum of profit between 9500 and 500 (of course they also have some expenses)...and I have even heard some say that the gas companies need money that is why they cannot offer the landowner very much....I even know some that feel sorry for the gas companies for having to offer the landowners even near 7500per acre cause they say the gas companies don't have that much money......personally I think it is because they do not want to chance waiting on a higher offer or better yet they may have stock in the gas company and are concerned how much is being spent by the gas company in securing these leases.   Unwise peer pressure is really a tough situation for some landowners who are only trying to receive a just amount for the use of their land knowing that an extreme new process is going on in extracting the gas to make it beneficial for both  the owner of the land and the gas company.   It is far better when the gas company has respect for the owner and treats them as a partner rather than just using the land like a parking lot for their car.

Yes VG, your math is similiar to mine , hmm...and remember,most of these were not @ the $2,500. number...most were @ the $5. to $1,500.,maybe a little more!
VG, I have a friend who signed @ $5 dollars an acre...the company flipped it @ $14,100./Acre.My friend wishes he would have listened to me..I feel bad...it breaks my heart and my friend has no recourse.Seller beware!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service