Does anyone know the status of the gas well positioned on 660 and mudge road, between the Rice residence and the old Mudge place?  They have removed all of the equipment pretty well, and it looks to be done? As I don't know much about the process I wondered if anyone had any knowledge as to what is happening with the well.

Views: 5274

Replies to This Discussion

If you go to LANDEX and put the property owners name in, it will tell you if that person's property is in a unit. Check Tioga Co, and "other" under document type:

http://www.landex.com/webstore/jsp/cart/DocumentSearch.jsp

You have to pay for complete documents, but you can get some info for free.

There is some information in DEP efacts online if you have  the name of the well (and township).
thanks for the link. So I went to the site, and it does list our land in the pooling notice for the Fish well. That does not coincide with the map that I got earlier. At the same time the date of the document is May 26th. The lease was up on April 15th. So now I am really wondering about the status of the lease on our acreage.  Thanks for all of your help here, it has made it easier to understand what is going on.
Doug said there was an amendment to the unit; I assume his map is the amended one that doesn't include your father's land. Maybe they realized too late that his lease had expired? If so, he's got a shot at getting a better lease.
That was my thought also. At this time I think we will play the wait and see game. I am certain that at one time there will someone by to contact him.
Lynn's right, the map I sent you was the amended one from May 31.  If you do that Landex search using the name of Fish you can see both documents and how the list of names changed.  If you wanted to spend 10 bucks, you could get both documents and check them out.  I think his lease has expired, also.  Just had a thought; ask your Dad if he received any Delay Rental payment this year.  If not, read over the lease carefully in that section.  He may have to send them a certified letter.  As far as a rig being there - it will take a lot longer than a day to do any drilling so I don't know what that's about.  I'll ask around.
The empty pad today has become quite crowded. To this newbie it looks like they are getting ready to frack.  Some of the large equipment looks like pumps etc. So at this point they are getting ready to do something. There does not seem to be a drilling rig on sight so maybe they have finished the drilling.
Thanks for the update, Preston.  Did you have any luck determining the status for your father's lease?  I found out the other day from a landman that the main lease guy in the Warrendale office left the company.  Just another result of the merger.  So, the new guy is there, don't know his name yet, and most likely has a backlog of issues to attend to.
His land is not in a unit from what we have been able to find out. So that means he is not leased. I think we are going to play a waiting game here to see what happens. It is also strange that the well behind us never offered to do a water test. We are certain that the well is within 1000feet of home well. I think the whole situation is like a puzzle to put together, and there is very little in the way of interlocking pieces.
I probably mis-stated that 1000 ft. requirement earlier.  Sorry.  According to this presentation, the requirement to get a permit only seems to be to notify, not to actually test.  But, you guys did the right thing to test it yourself.  I trust you have the results back?
Attachments:
We did get the results back, and it pretty much looked normal except for coliform presence, and the presence of methane(I think). I don't have it hear so I can't speak of numbers presently, but those were the only two in parameters. He had had coliform problems before, but never resolved completely so we expected that.  He was not notified of the well position-no paperwork, word was said other than when he leased the small amount of land for the right of way.
It looks like they are in post fracking at this point. There is a tower up behind, with a platform about half way up. At the same time my dad has been contacted, by letter. by Scott Snow about a unit that he says Dad is in. I am assuming, that this gentleman is employed by Shell, even though his business card lists him as independent. Any one know of him?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service