I thought this might be of interest. After looking at maps of 14 units declared this year in Charleston Twp. the average unit size of the 14 is 603 acres. The largest is 636.40 and the smallest is 540.65. Have other people been looking at the maps?

Views: 1475

Replies to This Discussion

And ... it doesn't even have to be a horizontal well to declare a 640 acre unit.  Plus, there are some properties that are partially in a unit but may be entirely "held by production".  Right now, the game is mostly about leasing as much land as possible, for as many uses and as long as possible, for as little money as possible.

What is the proceedure for looking up the declarations at the court house?

It was so easy after the lady there walked me through it. You just pick a company and a time frame and the type of document and click search and every document of that type for that company comes up. They cost .25 per page though to print. Each declaration is 4-6 pages. I ended up just viewing them and not getting copies.

Oh BTW. They do cut around un-controlled properties.

Thank you, Brian!  You gave me the clue that finally enabled me to find the declaration I have been looking for.   (I searched on East* in the Landex webstore and looked at the additional info until I finally found it.)

As I'd groused about in previous comment(s), I wasn't able to find the declaration for the unit I was interested in.  (It's the well closest to me.)  I'd searched in the Landex webstore on the name of the owner of the land the well was drilled on.  (It's also the name of the well in the DEP records.)   When I finally found it today by going through all the East declarations, East was listed as both the "Direct Party" and the "Indirect Party".  I don't know which is which, but one should have been East and the other the property owner.

I did go ahead and buy the Declaration (and another document) and the Landex webstore does still charge an additional flat $5/order fee.

All of this situation was pointed out by myself and others six months to a year ago.  People should have been urging their representatives to introduce legislation to amend this situation.  A state government cannot tax wells that are not in production or not even drilled.  If a law were inacted limiting unit size to 200 acres on one vertical well (way more acerage than that well can actually draw) vast amounts of land would be released from bondage to oversized units and new companies would come in to drill sooner for more money.  This was all obvious to anyone who took the time to study it a little.  unfortunately, leases that were about to run out have been bound up in big units and will soon be locked up for anotheer five years.  Did your legistlators understand this situation?  Yes.  Did some of them figure out a way to profit individually from doing nothing about the situation?  Most likely.  Did your neighbors who took the dirt cheap deal from East 2 and a half to three years ago give you the shaft?  Yes.  East can do whatever they please on their land and lock you in without you having any say in it now.  Am I disgusted with the way things turned out?  Absolutely!

What gets me is that this stuff isn't happening in other places. Chesapeake is now in Potter County, making some pretty good offers ($2500/20%); Bradford County has great offers. And here we sit in Tioga Co., stuck with East and their lowball offers/threats, and wells with no production.

We have an offer from Seneca Resources of $2800/15% in richomd twp. Tioga county. This came after the East offers.

East originally offered us $1500/15% and 6 months later offered us $2000/15% and they said this will be thier last offer take it or leave it.
We leased with Talisman back in Aug and got 2,500 pr. acre 15% royalties.

Brain,

To post the Declarations of Pooling, click the Upload Files link then choose the files on your hard drive that you want to upload, then click Add Reply. Most any file format uploads, with the exception of TIFF files. Not sure why TIFFs hang.

See if you can find anything on the tiga state forest with seneca in the middlebury center area
I would like to look at them. Where are you doing that?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service