WHAT IS UP WITH THE UTICA WELLS BEING PLANNED AND DRILLED IN VENANGO COUNTY? IS THE PLAY OIL?

A lot of activity going on here. Is the play going to be oil? Anyone with any insight? 

Views: 9224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Allam is still being drilled, then will be fracked, and then followed by a 60 day resting period. Results won't be known till late January maybe? If results are good, Rainbow will be drilled in the late spring of next year. If Allam is a flop, who knows what they will do?

JR

I heard that they are confident based initial results to proceed with Rainbow. Things are looking good for Venango.  By the summer of 2013, drilling rigs everywhere?  By 2020 western pa the new Saudi Arabia?   Thats my prediction. 

Over 2100 hits on this discussion......

Amazing what one little word with 3 letters that begins with "O" in a post title will do for a thread's popularity. lol

John: Your predictions are quite optimistic, and your posts indicate that you have been talking to some contacts "who are in the know". Pardon my skepticism, but I note that you are new to the site. I am not aware of any information to suggest that there is significant oil in Venango County. My understanding is that the oil window is quite a bit to the west.Note Halcon's activity in West Salem, Greene, South Shenango and North Shenango townships.The first two are in western Mercer County and the latter two are in Crawford County. All have as their western boundaries, the PA/OHIO line. If your information is correct, I will be delighted. Because your posts are all quite recent, I have no basis to evaluate the accuracy of your posts. I hope that they are not just Snake Oil. I think many of us hope for more than gossip or rumors. Can you offer us something to bolster your credibility? Many of us have been disappointed in the past, so our skepticism is the product of experience. It assuredly is not personal. I look forward to your future posts.

Sam

get your little map out and follow the oil line from monroe co thru trumbul co sandy creek   range had a issue hitting the medina to much water imature operater/driller

they are chasing the wet line it ain't gas

venango co has oil......and alot of it

Don't know location for sure but people have been saying some wells hit oil.  Maybe I'll look at the Butler Co page later when I get some time.

Shell leased a lot of land in Cranberry and in southern Venango last winter but didn't pay a lot of landowners.  I don't know how many were paid or where they chose to pay but some definitely were paid.

I wonder if Shell will re- prioritize again?

Sam
I am being optimistic. If I knew for sure, I would be buying up real estate in downtown Oil City, Titusville. The information that I am receiving comes from people who have been reliable in the past. Since the best predictor of future events is past performance, I tend to believe them. I have been waiting for pump jack's post on this matter I have followed his prior posts, and in most cases he has been deadly accurate. I have lived in the area all my life. I am hoping that wealth and prosperity comes to the hard working people of western pa.

Halcon seems to betting heavily that it is oil. It would make sense that the early oil play in the medina came up through the utica.
Range, Halcon, Seneca Recources, and Chevron, have all currently drilling or have drilled utica wells in and around Venango recently. Are they just speculating? Spending millions of dollars to drill these wells based on speculation? Check the map Mark was kind enough to post for us. I assure you that they are not looking for "snake oil" I can't help wondering what it will look like in six months, a year...

I know this might be a stretch but considering that Venango county was the start of the oil industry one would think that the untapped geologic source of the oil is very rich indeed.It had to come from somewhere back then. It would seem that the county would have more oil than Ohio which never had such an oil production history a hundred years ago.

I question why halcon cherry picked properties in Mercer county if they think there is oil in Venango.   Most of the leases that they kept were in the northern portion of Mercer county.   Halcon has also backed out of numerous lease agreements in Venango County.   Are they just waiting till their wells are proven?  I wonder what will happen with southern Venango County.   Shell and Halcon backed out of leases in this area.  

Venango also the marcellus, upper devonian and trenton black river.  Lots of potential. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service