Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138323

Replies to This Discussion

As far as Westfield township goes There seems to be very little activity. I do not drive anymore because of my age, (86), so I let my driver's license expire back in December.  But I did notice a few tankers and dump trucks  zipping by a few weeks ago.  I presume that the tankers were taking water away from a producing well no far from us. The dumps trucks were hauling gravel up our hill.  There is a gas well , not the Painter well,  a couple miles southeast of us.  A lot of hunting camps strung out along the particular area  where this well is located.   Must have been a nightmare  dealing with all the camp areas located there.     Granddad Ladd

Today the 15th of April I noticed at least 9 fully loaded, with gravel, dump trucks traveling  south on Broughton Hollow road in Westfield Township.  Also there were many white pickup trucks heading up the hill in the same direction.  Does anyone know where they were headed?  I cannot travel around the area now. I suspect they are putting in or expanding a drilling pad  somewhere in the area.    Granddad Ladd 

I've heard that Seneca is only going to be renewing the Tioga County leases they need for the next five years of drilling. Everything else that's not held by production will be let go for now. I believe that they'll be paying annual rentals until they drill, but no big bonuses. If anyone gets an actual renewal offer, I'm sure everyone would like to hear the details. It's a good thing long-term that Seneca is trying to make drilling the Utica in this area a paying proposition, but folks will need to get used to the fact that signing a lease won't generate the same money up-front that it used to.   

Jack has the wells drilled by Shell been economic vs the marcellus wells to the East and those in SW PA ? Thanks for your posts >>>>>

The core Marcellus wells to the east and in SW PA are better than what we have. But our wells match up fairly well with the results just outside the core in both areas, and ought to be profitable if gas prices stay where they are right now and Seneca can keep their costs under control.

California’s governor seeks to ban new fracking and halt oil production, but not immediately.

Gov. Gavin Newsom of California announced a plan on Friday to ban hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, by 2024 and to consider phasing out oil production statewide by 2045.

National Fuel Gas - owner of Seneca

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/us/politics/gavin-newsom-califor...

As one of the earliest gas utility companies in the United States, National Fuel is a diversified energy organization headquartered in Western New York that operates an integrated collection of natural gas and oil assets across four business segments: exploration and production, pipeline and storage, gathering, and utility.

For whatever it is worth,  many properties in my area have received letters inquiring about other gas wells on these properties such as active, abandoned, orphan or plugged oil or gas wells on their individual properties.    There is more to the letter but this is the gist of it.    Now after all the dump trucks hauling gravel apparently to the "Painter well" area, Could it be that plans are in the works to either drill  additional wells or move into the next unit?    Pipeline ROW has already been installed to Sabinsville pumping station plus a huge water impoundment was put into place supposedly to supply water to several units along the "Flat Castle"  development.    Granddad Ladd

I haven't seen any permits applied for that would suggest new drilling up there. Southwestern may just be making some improvements on the existing wells they got when they bought the leases. But it's still nice to see someone paying attention to the area again. Southwestern is a good producer, and we're lucky to have them involved now.

Hello Jack Young. There are  neighboring landowners that we keep in contact with  concerning the activity or lack thereof of the Painter well pad.  A few other trucks, 'a lowboy loaded with what looked like parts of a crane' ,  and other 18 wheelers,  not connected to  the Painter family farm  plus many pickup trucks traveling up Broughton Hollow road.   And Thank You for your reply.    Granddad  Ladd  

There offering bonus 115.00 an acre,15% royalty with 50% deduction. 

Red flags going up with this offer Paleface.  Is far too easy to pad the deductions with every little reasonable or unreasonable excuse.

Seems to be a little more activity in our area. I just observed a very large bulldozer bring trucked down Broughton hollow road a few minutes ago. I cant actually see the Painter well pad but I can occasionally hear activity coming from the area of the Painter well pad. I guess time will tell if another well pad on that area is being prepared. Seems odd that with all the trucks, dump trucks and eighteen wheelers and pickup trucks, Vehicles that are used in gas well operation are out just for the fun of it.    Granddad Ladd

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service