In light of the recent downturn in gas and oil prices,I see a drastic uptick in negativity and doomsday talk.
Out of curiosity,I think it would be interesting to know just how much of a stake each of us really has in this play.
Please reply with following:
Twp./County/State/#Acres/Co.leased to./drilled or not/getting royalties or not

Views: 11531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't sell them, if they are worth anything someone will gladly pay you about 10 cents on the dollar for them.

And that someone will be a wealthy person or entity who doesn't need the money any more than the need to aquire more money.

Just my opinion, these leeches are all over us here in Guernsey county Ohio taking advantage of people for their impatience or their greed or their stupidity.

Can you tell my opinion of them ?

I have 30 acres in Millwood township, Guernsey county, 12.5 drilled but not fracked. I also own 5 city lots in Quaker City.

Regardless, you are in violation of site rules, you know it and yet you persist in your violations even as you advocate folks do what is in the vast majority of cases not in their best interests.

The first point is fact, the second opinion based on fact.

?????????

875 mineral acres in Burning Springs, Wirt County WV. 650 HBP from 1980 leases. 225 available to lease. Hoping leasing will come our way.

Check those 1980 leases to see if there was a break in production.

Also there may be some shallow well issues vs the deep wells using laterals.

If your producer has or ever asks you to sign an addendum/attachment or new lease, they probably know they no longer can hold you to the old lease.

It's always good to understand your leases and terminate them the sooner the better before another opportunity to lease comes along. 

Trapper, great topic for a thread and it took me nealry 11 months to find it!

My family owns mineral only rights to approximatley 650 acres in Marion, Monongalia and Doddridge Co's WV. We have 120 acres in a 4 well, 390 acre unit (2 completed in May 2012 and 2 in May 2015)in Marion Co.

We have 58.8 Leased in Doddridge Co, drilling was supposed to start this year but the operator has delayed drilling in order to move further west where the wetter gas and oil is. We are in an area where they are only getting about 15% to 20% wet gas. Operator says they will be drilling in 2016 but who knows if that will happen. The good thing is that they are currently building the well pad, water pits and a 1 mile road into the site so we are optimistic that they will drill. There is also a network of gathering lines going in the ground which should be completed by the end of this year. I think this is another reason drilling was delayed as this operator drilled and did not completed nearly 50 wells in this general area to save money until the pipeline infrastructure is in place.

And last but not least, we are in early negotiations on 247+ acres in Monongalia Co. We are hoping the Operator shares with us, their plans for the acreage including timeline and what strata(s) they are targeting. With all the news regarding Dry Utica in SW PA, we are eager to hear the results of those drilling in Wetzel Co WV, which is not too far from the majority of our acreage.

The rest of the acreage is also in Monongalia and Marion Co. We've had lots of offers to buy or lease from 3rd party or landman companies but we only entertain offers from known, legit operators who can explain their plans with considerable detail. Those that are looking to flip the property are not worth the time. We've considered joining land owner groups but we don't want to be tied to anyone making a decision for our family.

Thanks and good luck to everyone when negotiating.

Warren twp., Belmont County Ohio  110acres leased to Oxford in 2006 (who knew) at $5 and flipped to Eclipse.  10 frack horizontal in the Ohio shale returning approximately $100/year total (but enough for HBP).  Also 10 acres leased to Gulfport (through Wishgard) in 2011.  This might be included in an Antero Barnesville unit in 2016 to avoid the re-up payments.  My earliest ancestor in this area struggled to wrest a living out of the southern portion of this farm over 200 years ago.  Yes, I have a longterm vested interest.  Since neither my mother (97) nor I have any real long range life expantancy, we sold a 30% share of the main farm minerals to Bounty in 2013.  Call it a hedge bet, if you will.  It keeps the farm going and still retains possibilities for the kids.

Center/Noble/Ohio/327a./Leased/2,700' pending Leach Xpress ROW. I no longer live in the area, but it has been a family farm since 1860.

Some of you may know we have our place for sale here in Millwood township, Guernsey county Ohio. We had a showing Saturday and found a business card from a Vaughan Group Ltd. agent out of Dublin Ohio on the counter top when we returned home.

They called our agent and want a copy of the lease.

Hmmmm.

Another investor I suppose, although she is wasting her time because I am not selling mineral rights, period, end of story.

Not even negotiable.

I am interested though to hear the offer, if one comes. I am getting a copy of the lease to our agent today.

I also spoke last night to a good friend of mine who is older and who has toyed with the idea of selling some of his mineral rights.

He like us is in the McClain unit drilled by Chesepeake but unlike us I believe most of his acreage is in the unit.

Anyhow, he said he received another letter stating that the offer may be as high as $14,000 an acre, which we know is an absolute lie.

He has reached out to them and if he shares the offer with me I will pass it along.

I have some older friends close by who sold theirs for a pittance, less than $3000 an acre if memory serves.

Hold onto them minerals fellas.

If someone is willing to pay you something for them you can rest assured knowing they are actually worth much more than the offer, or you wouldn't have received the offer to begin with.

These guys will often say anything, true or not, to get you to sell.

Franklin Twnshp/Westmoreland Co/Pa/111 acres/not leased or drilled

150 acres in Mill Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio leased to Sierra Resources in 2011 and sold to Chevron in 2014. No drilling and nothing in the wings, lease is up in Aug. 2016 if they choose not to renew. It is in the Wet Gas area.

23 acres Wheeling township, Guernsey county, leased Gulfport until Oct. 2016 !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service