Rutland            12             5(1)            7
Shippen             5             0                5
Sullivan            23           15(5)           8
Union               15             9(2)           6
                     ____           ____          ___
                      154            72              82

Views: 265

Replies to This Discussion

Covington Twp..is missing and we are loaded with wells.
I think I counted 24..

Covington is missing because, according to the DEP Spud Reports, East didn't drill any wells in Covington Twp in 2010.  (The DEP shows 30 horizontal wells drilled by Seneca in Covington Twp in 2010.)

Covington is a good example of a company forcing there way into Tioga county. Seneca had a small hold there 3 years ago and went and built it up and traded or bought East leases in order to get their wells in. The reports I've seen on their wells have been very impressive. I'm sure East and Seneca has some sort of joint venture working there. 
Seneca was the high bidder (~$48.5M) on ~10,500 acres of Tioga State Forest land about a year ago.  And the fact that they're just going ahead and drilling the horizontal wells (rather than vertical) in Covington Twp also indicates that they are serious about producing gas.
And East isn't serious about producing...as I suspected, they are only finishing wells in areas where they already have pipelines. In areas like Delmar township, they are drilling verticals and moving on. That list is only the new wells for 2010? East has been drilling in Delmar for several years...the well near me is coming up on 3 years old and still not completed (but holding 600+ acres worth of leases).

Yes, I interpreted the numbers the same way you did.  OK, a certain number of vertical wells (and single horizonal wells) can be justified as "exploratory" ... to see if further development is justified.  But except for a few townships, this number seems excessive.  (Yes, it is only wells that were reported as having been started in 2010.)

Good Point..
they (seneca) are not only serious about drilling but also about getting the pipeline in so that they can get the gas to market.   Very early in this event they were putting in lines so that they could get the wells on line as soon as they were done with the drilling and fracing.... several of my neighbors are getting royalties.... and have been for a while!

Seneca is a subsidiary of National Fuel Gas, which operates the Empire Pipeline (NY).  Final FERC approval for the Tioga County (PA) Extension is expected soon.

Do you happen to know what bonus/royalty Seneca paid/pays for private land leases in TC?   

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service