I’m bringing this topic over from the shaleforum. Does anyone know the intentions of these guys? As of yesterday they have leased over 10,000 acres(April 2017- present) in Knox county. Some info from shaleforum members include: they are paying $100/acre for all strata and East Ohio Oil and Gas is a shell company for Western Land Services. Any other information is appreciated.

http://www.recorder.co.knox.oh.us/

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like something to do with the Columbia Storage Fields to me. I may be wrong. There’s a big Mansfield lawyer that signed up for their $100/acre. I can’t imagine he would sign away his farms for that dollar figure.
Attachments:
So East Ohio dedicated the recently acquired acreage to Columbia Midstrem and Columbia Energy Ventures for Gas Storage? Butch from the shaleforum was in negotiations with them and said his offer didn’t not include storage rights and I doubt the lawyer you are talking about would sign away his farms for storage at $100/acre.
Just thought of this. Any chance this is related to Precision Geo running seismic across the storage fields in Richland, Ashland and Holmes counties?
http://gomarcellusshale.com/forum/topics/possible-holmes-county-act...
Geez. I didn’t realize this. Paying big bucks to run the thumper trucks across the storage fields. Stay tuned.

I personally don't know anything about this particular topic, HOWEVER,  underground storage is the very next development in the our shale play.   Weather it is use of old storage fields or the storage of ethane in underground salt deposits.   Always something new to be aware of in the shale play.

I really hope Columbia/TransCanada didn’t trick these people into signing away their O/G rights for underground storage via a “shell” company (East Ohio Oil and Gas LLC). Always speak with a lawyer before you sign, I guess.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service