According to Marcellus Drilling News, people in Jefferson County, OH are getting offers as high as $6000/acre and 20% for leases with Ascent and Gulfport.  These numbers are impressive and reminiscent of offers in the sweet spot during the boom.  Hopefully this is a good indicator of what's to come in the near future.  Thoughts?  Anyone who can confirm these numbers?

Views: 5885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with Dott. You will need an attorney to negotiate a good lease, and be careful of the attorney. I hear some are being paid off by the O& G companies.

I'm independent Landman who has a client/mineral owner who I negotiated for. I'm paid a % by the O&G leasing company, so it's in my best interest to lease for the highest amount of the mineral owner. If you have questions about leases or people buying contact me directly.

Has the amounts offered gone down drastically in Northern Jefferson county ohio? 

RSS

Local Groups

Blog Posts

Lancashire For Shale and Cuadrilla Show Us How to Teach Shale

Posted by Thomas J Shepstone on November 17, 2017 at 12:14pm 0 Comments

Lancashire for Shale and Cuadrilla produced a great video which does a fantastic job of explaining the geology involved in fracking.

Our friends at …

Continue

Events

November 2017
SMTWTFS

© 2017   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service