My deceased father had mineral rights to a parcel of land in Bradford County. . . about which he told us (kids) nothing. We have just been approached by Chief Exploration and Development to lease the property. They propose to pay us 1/8 of the revenues from the sale of either gas or oil. My questions about this proposal are:

1. Is this amount (1/8 of the revenues) low, normal, or high?
  2. The property is 173 acres. Is there any way to estimate how much gas (I wouldn't expect them to find any oil) might be produced from a property this size and what the revenues from the production would be?

I realize question 2. is hard to answer, but we'd like to have some indication of the averages in Bradford County.

Views: 494

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dave: How old is your lease? My understanding is that there's a "glut" of gas in the country now and the price of gas has gone down, so companies are not paying what they used to. 'Course, this info came from the prospective lessee, so not sure it's true, but it is true that we're awash in natural gas and have become an energy exporter, when for most of my life we've been a importer.

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service