I live in Iowa. A local company is using CNG in their large vehicle fleet. They are paying $.89 per gallon and getting 3.77 miles per gallon for CNG. Their cost for diesel is $3.08 and are getting 3.83 mpg for diesel. Hey, any Fed's out there listening? Probably not, so the rest of us need to put some pressure on our Congressmen and Senators to develop a national energy plan that makes sense rather than that being pushed by the ill-informed in Washington DC.

Views: 2780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That sounds like an excellent idea!

What if THEY provided the CNG filling stations to sell some of their product to the public? Issue cards to provide discounted price to anyone leased to them even.....? Sounds like a potential gold mine for the O&G and the folks leased and the general public has access to this new fuel as well. Sounds like a win win win to me. They cut out the middle man and we all have access to the CNG! I would convert to CNG tomorrow if this happened!

Once this thing really gets rolling, we'll probably see all kinds of innovative ideas move forward.  Never underestimate the ability of the free market to serve mankind and increase wealth at the same time!

I plan on calling my Iowa Republican Senator's office tomorrow to set up an appointment to discuss this with his senior staff. The concept that I will advocate is that the mid stream processors initially establish this capability. There are two mid stream processors scheduled to come to Harrison County.  Who of you will will be calling an Ohio Senator?

I want to see a CNG turbine train engine go by.  Then the 7-11's will all sell CNG.

Yea; sounds great, dont it?  You forgot the "greed factor"!  After lots of people convert their vehicles, and there are cng stations all over the place, why would you think that it too wont be $3.88 per gal?  There's a glut of oil now,why isnt gasoline cheaper?  GREED!  Politics; They go hand in hand. May be good for a while,though. And there'll be a demand for the gas we are sittin on. The Arabs can keep their oil!

And a soon as 10% of the vehicles start running on CNG or LNG, the gubbermint will put at least a 40 cent tax on it.

Probably, Jim. But how would they do that on your house gas?  I mean I could see it assessed at the pump, but if you have your own fueling station at home, I don't think they could get you there.  On the other hand, I should never underestimate the ability of a damned politician to get his hand into my wallet!

Some states are talking about charging a tax by the mile when you get a license because they are losing so much gas tax due to high mileage vehicles. Some are looking at higher gas taxes.

They could add a tax to nat gas sales if too many people start using home fueling stations.

They will find some way to get into your wallet for sure!

Not just the arabs but the persians, russians, norwegians, brazilians, mexicans and canadians too!

I'm curious about something maybe some one can help me with; when new cars like the Civic are made to run on CNG is it stil necessary to use a catalytic convertor? Seems that that CNG is so clean that they can save the money of installing a cat convertor. That would help reduce the cost differential a bit.  And save valuable rare metals like platinum. And I am guessing they would get better gas mileage with the exhaust flow restriction caused by the convertor.

I suspect the EP-Idiots will still require catcons due to NOx emissions. May be able to back off on PMs in the catalyst a little though.

Interesting...but I can see a disingenuous politician on the stump claiming we are putting thousands of catalytic converter assembly folks out of work so we'll need to use the converters whether we need them or not!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service