Regarding The Monroe Lake Wildlife Area 1333 acres in Malaga Township.

Would it be wise to start a group with landowners who border or otherwise can connect with The Monroe Lake Wildlife Areas 1333 acre land mass located in Malaga Township.

By doing so, and if we could actually accumulate enough unleased acres, one would think that we could significantly improve our ability to negotiate a quality lease with a drilling operation looking to drill multiple wells in the wet gas play.

We're up for adding in our 185 acres, and we know of a few others that border out this way that would likely be interested.

We hope it's not already to late considering that so many people in the malaga, sunsbury, somerset and Wayne townships have already signed their mineral rights away.

Anyone current on whether or not the State of Ohio may have any interest in such a group, or if they have already signed on to a lease?

Views: 588

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like you're starting a landowner group. If you do it right, the state will throw in with you.

Oh boy, actually I have no idea as to how to proceed with this. I was hoping that one of the other landowners that border the state land here in Malaga Township would be interested in putting a group together. Who knows, with any luck even a representative from the State ODNR would take the wheel.

I'm certainly open to any ideas and/ or advice on the matter.

I do know that those responsible for putting together the smith-goshen landowners group in Belmont County are doing a great job.

Finnbear would you know anything about SOLA ? The way I understand is that you have to commit for a year with them you can not see a copy of there lease proposal  unless you join .

Do you know of any meeting in monroe co this coming week ? 

If by SOLA, you mean the Garrison group, then I don't know much about them.

Thank you Jim. That's very good information.

I'm attaching a file that displays the 1333 acre ODNR lands.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service