I have 350 ac. in Guernsey co.  i would like to sell 100 ac. of it.  it is in an oxford lease with 2 + years remaining, no well yet.  I will be advertising it soon, thought i would start here.

Views: 3578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes it is the 12.5. They have drilled three properties next to me. They told me late 2012 for me.

Oxford has been drilling lots of vertical wells with odd, larger than would seem normal drilling units. In the past year, they have drilled some shallow wells (Ohio Shale) that appear to have shorter (1/2 - 3/4 mile) horizontal components. Look at some of their recent activity in Belmont county on the ODNR website for a better picture.

What everybody is forgeting is there is a huge market for recreational property "hunting land" and there are many wealthy people who will purchase land for that reason.  9 out of 10 do not come with minerals and can be purchased for 2k an acre.  mine will appeal to the buiseness man who likes to hunt and wants in the oil/gas play.  i have had a really nice offer from just such a person.  buyer are out there.

The details of the Oxford lease on the property will largely determine the added value above the price of the vacant land. That value would be considerably higher if there were no lease involved. The Oxford lease could be very limiting depending on exactly how it is written.

For that purpose it would change the scope of the picture greatly. 

i have shopped around out of curiosity............selling rights only (not the land) that are currently under a boilerplate lease and/or hpb...........seems like the going rate in the western part of the play (stark) is $2k to $3k per acre.

I would sell my farm too but you would have to be from Dubai to afford it LOL

were located at i like to walk it first see if buildable well and sepic to

send me a friend request and i will send you a map.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service