Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 102732

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I forgot that...you are right...

the company installing the Eclipse water impoundment liner has brought load of material onsite. a recon. of basin shows at least one third of basin bottom left to rock hammer 3-4 feet of shale yet. this is now 5wks. 7/12hrs. rain or shine. physical size 120yds. square 30' dam all the way around, 21mill. gal. cap. nothing anywhere even comes close to this. my understanding was this is one of three interconnected.

currently hydroseeding has begun on dam faces. the valley side is at least a couple hundred feet from the top. hopefully before a gullywasher.

Attn Old Timer:
I could use some help in deciphering Kinder-Morgan's information about Tennessee Gas Pipeline's STA 315 (Tioga Cty). It appears that K-M has two units of approx. equal capacity, TD1 and TD2. TD2 is operating at near capacity, but TD1 is shut down. Is this a likely scenario?

i have been meaning to sniff around on KM reason for seeing their trucks in town. i did a quick search and found what i think is upgrade, tie or something NFG involved maybe around the Ellisburg facility? i really didn't get much further. the farm is waking up so time gets diverted.i'll look a little more.

it looks like "0" on their sch. posting may show even if volume is scheduled. when you get into accounting my eyes fog over? i know in the past 3 years alot of upgrade on the 300 was done and i think they are still doing some work in Potter that may reflect their book keeping.

When I click on the 315 box on their map, only the active one (TD2) shows on the pop-up.  Yesterday it was within 2% of "full", today 10%.  I never "got" financial accounting; cost accounting was more intuitive.  It could be cost effective to inconvenience a few customers rather than starting up the second unit.  Time will tell ... thank you.

i don't think they are actual corrollation percentages as it takes longer than a day to drop that much press/vol in big lines depending on distance between isolation points. it took 30 hours to depress. a valve rupture @ Harrison Valley. a few years ago. i am 5mi away and it sounded like a jet overhead with a mushroom cloud like a nuke bomb. i actually called 911 and i've seen some bad industrial stuff. point is that much % change under normal ops. seems drastic.

I don't know what their point is, but the user can select 2, 5, or 10%. 

"Understanding Natural Gas Marketing" - API
"How Natural Gas is Traded" - page 16
http://www.api.org/~/media/Files/Oil-and-Natural-Gas/Natural-Gas-pr...

Thank you Ann Ticopa  for this posting.  Most of us land owners, including me, have little idea how this gas and oil business works.  And most of us are not adept to looking up and understanding what is taking place with the industry!

Granddad Ladd

I don't claim to now understand how it all works.  But that article helped.  I was surprised how big a part transportation plays in the price of residential gas service. 

RSS

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service