ALOV and Northern Trumbull County- Updated Discussion to include BP Lessor's and Bonus money Payment's

Hello all!

I have been doing a little research and speaking with friends and neighbors about forming a group to address the needs of those of us not yet represented by a landowners group.

This led me to call ALOV after hearing that they had accepted some acreage in Trumbull county.

I paid little attention to ALOV earlier as their website did not list Trumbull county as an area of interest, although the work they were doing was certainly of great interest to me.

From what i gather there was a cut-off of June 30 for sign-up with ALOV, they extended that and also had a meeting at RD banks Chevy in Champion. This may not be news to some of you, but i had not come across the posting until after. The word i got from an individual at ALOV was that Chesapeake set a northern geographical cut-off in Trumbull county of St.Rt.88, again this may not be a newsworthy flash to some. Many landowners attended, more than expected according again to a source at ALOV, and signed up their acreage.

Now heres the news, ALOV has agreed to start a "Waiting List" of still more interested parties from areas north of St.Rt.88. If you call them with name, address and phone number they will put you on the list, and depending on level of interest, they may choose to represent us as a group in a similiar fashion, with the same or even better terms to Chesapeake, or another interested party.

So call up ALOV, their number is listed on their site www.alov.us , and ask to be included in their next go around. From where i stand why re-invent the wheel, they already have done the groundwork and have the attention of the industry on favorable terms, lets ask them to either start another "Pool" to include us, or come work with us to the same end.

If you have information to share, please join in the discussion, Thanks 

Hello again to all my fellow Utica Shale Owners. I Just stopped in to ask if there were any who signed with BP from the ALOV Northern Trumbull county group, that resulted from these efforts, still around.

Has anyone had any conversations/correspondence from BP concerning title defects, or other issues that would delay payment or affect your lease, or gotten a check for Bonus money? 

Views: 69226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got ours...title defect:( got to love the amish & their land...im pissed!!!!

Im curious too, about the defect. Sorry to hear that.

We know how you feel. Same thing for us. I would answer Fang's question. Things are not over till they are over.
Title defect was in 1981 lamd was leased & guess its still in effect. We have legal council & need to check out our rights. This land was once part of a 200 acre farm...im mad because i thought mineral rights were to b disclosed in the title with the property sale:/ but im finding out they are the current landowners' responsibility to gather this info b4 purchasing. Anyway, not over for us. The letter states we have 60 days to correct the title....oh boy. - becki

Did you have an attorney search the title when you bought the land? If you did, and he did not notify you of this recorded lease, you may   have an action for legal malpractice.   I am not an attorney, but I am pretty certain that I am right about this. Perhaps someone else will comment  on this.

I thought so too. A title search to buy is to look for anything on that title, which in this case was an old lease and notice should have been given. Our old farm had an old lease and it was found.
If the title was considered cleared by that title company than a copy of that old lease should have been at the signing, IMO.
An example of this but not a lease was an egress (driveway-shared titled lane)) into our current propery. The title co. said we had it with our title search but after we moved in, a neighbor after a survey said we were so many feet over on their side and was going to out up a fence so we had no way in. If they pushed this and we had to make a new drive the title co would be responsible for the cost since we paid them to tell us we bought (entrance in) what we were told was there, not just what the seller said was here.
Title co's are paid to know what's on a title that's why the buyer pays them not the seller.

real estate titles and mineral rights titles are 2 different animals real estate normally only concerns liens and ingress egress and searches to 100 years back at most- o-g searches go back to what is patent basically when your land was invented early 1800's and earlier complicated and difficult to insure be sure if you are having this done the company has e-o insurance(errors and omissions) there are timber rights mineral rights gas rights oil rights left rights and such- money paid before is saved later

title companys find issues not cure them it is on the buyer to have them cured before you close by the seller if it is contigent of the sale on having all rights and spelled out in the closing statement\ie seller represents that all o-g rights transfer with sale=sale is contigent that all o-g rights transfer with sale or sale is null

do not find the cheapest co find the best....

any property now should require a certified title of clear o-g rights (if thats what the buyer wants) cost is more and its insurance and worth it in todays lawyer target rich enviroment.

I 100% agree title co are not there to cure a problem but they should find it to allow the person paying them to make an informed decision on what they are buying.
Rebecca Blair's lease was from 1980's and as the potential new owner she did her end by paying a title co to find this lease which they did not. IMO
I bet now title co's are saying they will only go as far back or saying they will or will not guarantee mineral ownership since I bet more than one are in trouble over these issues.
I feel paying 700 should make you feel comfortable in the co you hired to protect you from this situation. I priced co's 16 yrs ago and that was the going rate to show clear title using well known title companies on my current property in Ohio.
If I was Rebecca and that lease was placed on that title 30 years ago I would be all over the title co. I hired first thing Monday morning. If this lease was placed on her title in the 1800's maybe I would think twice but 30 years ago? When did she buy it? Say the 90's than that lease was only a decade old. Shame on that title co!
Honestly, thats all foreign language to me.... Gonna have to check that out
Hi fang,
I know more than one landowner whom haven't received a payment of any kind in memory roll over and allow the lease holder just sell it to the big guys and say "there's nothing we can do". Mean while they haven't even tried, just complain! I offer to research it, push them, but they already rolled over.
Rebecca I am in no way implying this is what you will do and I wish you the best of luck to get that lease off your land.
100% agree :0)

Fang - the well is a working well and it is held by a company in Streetsboro.  The Amish family that lived here in the early 90's IS THE ORIGINAL owners and we met the man a few months ago.  Just didn't think it would go this far.  Nothing was ever disclosed. 

It's ok....were going to our attorney tomorrow and get this 30 year old lease lifted. 

I'm a firecracker and THIS WILL BE RESOLVED.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service