1. State
2. County
2. Lease Bonus Offer
3. Royalty %
4. Terms (length of the lease)

Views: 14276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really? Still? My place is about 20 miles or so from Binghamton and at the height of this I got a $2K offer but you are saying $3500 is current? Where do I sign? ;-)
we have not even seen the biggining of this and won't for 5-10 years.. this is the preliminary rounds, just look at prices and percentages all over the country..
Pa
Wyoming Co.
$1000. per acre
15% royalty
5 year with option to extend in the 5th year if gas if found.

I have 3 pipelines that run through my 65 acres and both highway and off highway access. I am using that as a barganing chip. I'm willing to accept $2000 per and 18%.Waiting for them to get back to me with a counteroffer.

I can wait.
I like everyone's opinions so far. I figure we will have to see what the next round or two of elections will do. Also, in Tioga County, many current leases run out in 2011, so I am hoping for some interest in the summer of 2010.
Mike, I just joined the site and saw your posting. I live in florida and have 5 acres at Lake Carey. Do you know if anything is happening there at this time. Thanks...Anthony
Anthony, As far as I know nothing at lake Carey, yet. Friendsville group Susquhanna just got $5,500 an ac. 20% rolity for 5yrs 3 yr ex. The gas Co. is Fortuna.
The arrogance is remarkable. "I won't take anything less than $2,000 per acre". There is nobody out there making that offer or any offer for that matter. The landman have all gone home to Texas and Oklahoma. The Marcellus is a play where it is very difficult to high grade prospects. So within a large fairway your property is no better than your neighbor or his neighbor and on and on. The price of the bonus is not based on anything the mineral owner does or does not do but is based on the competition between the companies. If you’re smart when they come back do the deal because like you have just seen landman can be gone as quickly as they came.

Steve - PA Mineral Owner and Texas Landman
Steve--

I see you are a landman and that explains your attitude.
We have all heard your type of response many times already. It is not arrogant to wait for a reasonable offer before signing. And YES, there are companies out there offering $2,000. an acre and MORE. Certainly you must know that!
So either you are not informed or you are pushing landowners to sign cheap leases. Either way it is not good.
Please lose the attitude and have some respect. Everyone has their own reasons and goals for their life, and just because you don't want to agree it does not make them stupid or arrogant.
Arrogance is one thing, ignorance is another. I dont think anybody here has acted arrogantly. Now, for the ignorance.... It's not a reflection of ones intelligence to be ignorant on certain issues, as I am ignorant on multiple issues - it's not an insult. Ignorance is an applicable description when people are not informed on certain things. Now in the case of claiming leases are being signed for 2000 an acre right now... to believe that is completely ignorant. That just isnt happening. Unless you live near cabots wells in susquehanna, or other big producers down SW - you're not going to get offers like that. Those offers of 2000 an acre plus are EXTREMELY rare - especially in unproven areas (almost everything is unproven). The speculation game of buying any acreage for 3000 an acre is over - gas prices right now dont merit that kind of spending. Therefore companies have scaled back and are now relying on expanding on proven areas - which are few and far between. I know of acreage going for only 300 an acre next to some of the biggest producers in the basin in Susquehanna and Greene. I do believe that you got an offer for 2000 an acre, but I'm very hesistant to believe that this was a recent offer. If it is true...Jesus.... you better pull the trigger and sign because that is an extreme rarity. Now, I do believe prices will come back up to that level, but the only time that's going to happen is if gas returns to $8+/mcf or when areas start to get proved up. Until then, your $2000 an acre is just a dream.

RFS, where are people getting $2000 an acre TODAY?????? I can only think of ~20,000 acres in the entire basin where this might be the case (< 1% of all acreage)

Brother-in-law in Bradford area 1year ago with that big sell off in a group and received $5,750 per acre at 18%.  Group acreage sales seem to be the way to go.  My other brother-in-law, Jefferson county, Pa leased March of this year at $1,000 per acre and at 21%.

18% or 21% of what.

It makes a difference.

17acres/44 acres.  I agree, more acres and you should try to get the highest royalty rate with no post deductions you can get while selling off only one gas vein at a time.  CHK gave 18% and Exco 21%.  The so called sweet spot only yielded 18% and the fairway yielded 21% (March 2010) Negotiation skills are vital.  Neighors using a lawyer only received $500 per acre at 15% and ended up selling all three veins for that deal ( a year ago).  The Amish near by sold for $500 at 12.5% all veins.  Side note: Seismic testing contaminated their surface water due to old coal mines located nearby that got disturbed from the explosions.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service