STORY...

Looks like Josh is on the loose again...

House Republicans directed Capitol Hill police to detain a highly regarded documentary crew that was attempting to film a Wednesday hearing on a controversial natural gas procurement practice. [...]

Josh Fox, director of the Academy Award-nominated documentary "Gasland" was taken into custody by Capitol Hill police this morning, along with his crew, after Republicans objected to their presence, according to Democratic sources present at the hearing.

Views: 5553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I watched the arrest, and he had a Baseball Hat on during a congressional hearing???

That makes him a complete tool first, he was allready a fraud.

Agreed. The only reason he should have been barred from the hearing is if it's about crowd control or reasonable regulation in some manner. We're a democracy where people get to participate and there should be transparency in government. It's just annoying to see the blurb portray this as the result of some sort of political agenda instead of his not following procedure.

FYI people: we still live in a democracy/the capitol police committed a crime against First Amendment right to attend a public hearing on gas fracking, which in case you haven't noticed operates in Pa with little or environmental controls, nor do they pay extraction  taxes.  Meanwhile the gas is shipped to China and India.  You  may " insist" that Gasland is not "true"  but just stating something does not make it reality.  Come to Dimock , come to Carter Rd and many other townships across Pa and drink the water.  Dozens of families with poisoned aquifers.   Research what has already happened in Arkansas, Wyoming, Texas, Ohio to name a few states with intensive gas fracking.   But hey, if you want to sign over your land and help poison your neighbors land, air and water as well, for a few bucks,, I guess that is your "right" correct?  A real patriotic American!

Amen!!!! How can any of you watch gasland and think that the facts are twisted? People are dying and its because of Fracking! Is the $$ you make work yours and your neighbors LIVES?

I haven't read about any deaths. Will you please share that information with us... names, locations, causes, etc? Thanks..

Yes, if people are dying, it maybe because they protested by shutting off their $2 gas heat.

Here comes the entitled again.

OMG!  LOL

Dying Emily?   We really need to hard stats on that.   Unlike Mr. Fox and his minions you will find lots of scientifically minded folks that require more than chicken-little-esque statements to support their claims.   Most of "Gasland" has been proven to be inaccurate.  Google it.

Unlike soccer and cruise ships, fracking hasn't directly killed anyone.   You need to find a new cause.  

And Carol the whole DImock things is getting so old.   I am sure there are truly better examples out there.   No industry is perfect - so find a true incident that is proven to have caused damage to champion your cause.   We just happen to live on a 30,000 acre gas storage field.  That's right gas storage!!  The gas that heats your home is actually stored in some of the strata just hundreds of feet below the ground.  In my area it's in the Berea sandstone.    I cannot see how drilling at 1000's of feet through an extensively cased well bore is going to be more risky to my well than the billions of cubic feet of gas stored under pressure just hundreds of feet away.   Just something to think about as these storage fields are very common in Ohio and PA. 

I am originally from Wyoming State.  The first thing he got wrong was that "the antelope were dying due to fracking".  Any WY Fish and Game official will tell you the antelope numbers had increased dramatically over the decade before, and that the scourge that killed them was mostly in response to being overpopulated and not enough food to support them all.  I recently took a trip back and while visiting one of my relatives, she told me she has at least 200 of them migrate through her property every day.  That was the first thing that bent me out of shape with Gasland.

Now, I find myself living just outside less than 20 minutes from Dimock, which Faux used in Gasland - used having more than one meaning in this case.  The water has been tested and appears meet federal drinking water standards and that is without the methane mitigation procedures in place which they have refused, along with mandatory water testing or a period of almost a year, starting in November 2010.  These people keep crying "our water is bad", but they have done nothing to comply with COSA themselves.  They are in it for the money and the fame that has been heaped upon them by environmentalists and New York staters pushing their green and renewables agendas.

Now, what was the big deal about Faux not being allowed to film the proceedings, especially since it was webcast?  Nothing - it just goes along with the theme of Gasland II - how he wants to show how the government is in the O&G companies' pockets.  You can bet, if and when his new film comes out, he'll conveniently leave out that part, as he wants to cry lack of disclosure, blah-blah-blah... and the same people with buy right into it or conveniently ignore the fact that he is a farce.

And does it not seem a little convenient that someone chose to film his entire arrest, even to the point of following the "drama" out into the hall?

Carolyn, you have no idea of what you are talking about. First off, currently our natural gas is not being shipped off to China and India...in fact I don't believe we even have a CNG facility ready to ship any gas yet.

Dimock, lets see, how about you go here....http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-01/business/31013222_1_public-wa... then report back please.

You gotta bring the truth to the table here, or you will get slaughtered.

You do not help yours and others cause by spouting off inaccurate information. How do you assume this gas getting to India, by pipeline?   As a former member of the US Merchant Marine I can tell you that the US currently still imports Liquidfied Natural Gas (LNG) (from Algeria, Malaysia and other places) and has it expanded at ReGasification Plants in Texas and a few other locations.  The only US liquidification plant is in Alaska where the gas is shipped to Japan primarily and thats only because of the problems associated with constructing a pipeline to the ConUS and no Regasification plants on the west coast. 

Well thought out, reasearched and rational discussions will help people understand your point of view, save all the other knee jerk, reactionary retoric for Jerry Springer or Fox News. 

Waite a minute they were allowing him to attend the meeting. It was he that did not have a permit to film the meeting that resulted in his arrest.  You abide by the rules, it is even possible that security was a  issue as well as photography in sensitive areas can be utilized for destructive purposes.

On government property you are not allowed to do as you please many a government property people can visit but photography is prohibited a good example is the screening area of an airport. You are trying  sensationalism but with it it has brought your ranting even to a lower point of consideration.

Now Carolyn don't even try to go or question Patriotic! I am a Vietnam vet. My American History teachers only son was killed in Nam. She could make you feel the cold at Valley Forge to the heat sand and smell of death at Iwo Jima.

Let me give you a history lesson FIRST THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY this NATION IS A REPUBLIC. 

Secondly there is more to the Constitution than the 1st try reading the Fifth Amendment (Amendment V) in part:

nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

With that being said your ranting is trying to try to force the use of my property for your own use and you can get out your check book! 

Dang I wish I could really say what I would like to say!

I think you said it quite eloquently!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service